Monday, January 09, 2006

असंच!

Ok, so without the self knowing what this tagging business is, Ajit has "tagged" me which probably means writing some stuff on your blog. If thats that, thats that, what!! I mean, if your friend asks you to write something, you write. Besides, since it is about books, I dont mind writing about it.

Number of books I own:
Easily 150+ and if you want to include technical books also, add another 100 or so.

The Last Book I Read (and Bought) :
The last one I bought, but not read yet is "Pigs have Wings - P.G Wodehouse".
The last one I read is:
A pelican at Blandings - P. G. Wodehouse - A fantastic blandings story with Lords Emsworth at his best.


Books That Mean A Lot to Me :

असा मी असा मी, बटाट्याची चाळ, हसवणुक इ. इ. - पु. ल. देशपांडे
सामन्य माणसाबद्दलचं असामान्य पुस्तकं. स्वतःवर कसं हसावं हे मी या पुस्तकांतुन शिकलो. इतरांना हसवण्याची इच्छा असेल तर स्वतःवर हसता येणं फार महत्वाचं असतं (हे कोणीही न वितारता पण सांगतो आहे, काय करणार, जित्याची खोड ... ).

महानायक - विश्वास पाटील
अतिशय प्रेरणादायी पुस्तक.

The Complete Collection of Sherlock Holmes - Sir Arther Conan Doyle
No doubt, a masterpiece. I can write a lot about this, but this is not the place, probably THIS has some more things.

Illusions - Richard Bach
I read this one because someone told me that one of my marathi plays at Puruhottam Karandak, "Limit" resembled this book. After reading it, I found out that this "someone" had neither understood t

No comments: